Friday, February 10, 2012

Nothing Is Perfect; Flaws Are Interesting

    Author's Note: This essay is about a quote from the book, Speak.  I will be explaining why its important and why I chose to analize this quote.         

         
No one and nothing is perfect.  We are only human, we don’t act the most respectful, or say the most respectful stuff, but that’s okay because those flaws are what makes us unique and interesting.

From the book Speak, I chose the quote, “Nothing is perfect.  Flaws are interesting.” I chose this quote because nothing and no one is perfect.  This book expresses this feeling/emotion a lot because the main character, Melinda, is not even close to being perfect in her own mind.  She’s a freshman in high school who starts out with no friends, and is shy.  She doesn’t have the greatest grades, like a lot of other people. But that’s okay, we can’t all have straight A’s, we are all capable of it, but accidents happen, you can get a C’s, D’s, or F’s on quizzes and in classes, and sure people will judge you, but that just shows that you aren’t perfect, and neither are they.
I respect this quote a lot, because it explains life and what people go through and why there are a bunch of people who mess up in life, everybody does at some point, I know I have…
 I also chose this quote because I can relate to it, I have always said that a person’s flaws are what make them perfect, because there are people who love you for your flaws and you are perfect in their mind. My thinking and the quote relate because flaws are unique, and that’s what makes a person who they are, and not everybody will accept that because they are not perfect.
Quotes in a book are important because a quote could very well be a theme in a book, like this book. I believe it’s called Speak, because she will stand up for herself and say that she hid a secret, she didn’t want people to know, and that’s probably because of this quote, no one is perfect, flaws are interesting, something bad had happened to her, but that’s her mistake, for going to the party and trusting someone right off the bat. Just remember; “No one is perfect. Flaws are interesting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment