Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Letter to Cherry

Author's Note: This is a letter to Cherry in the Outsiders.  I am writing this to ask her about her feelings in all of the situations, and describe what it would've been like for me if I was her.

Dear Cherry,

       I am impressed on your behavior and how you handle being friends with both the socs and the greasers.
Which group do you like more? From my point of view it looks like you are better friends with some of the greasers because you give them a chance to show you that even though they are called the "greasers" they are respectful and caring, and not rude.  You see the good in the greasers and likes how they are, and they are not like most of the boy socs who are just plain jerks and are so rude.
         Are the girl socs as mean as they boys?  Because I know from some fight scenes that they are not nice at all! But from what I know on the girls, you girls seem so much more classy and fun, out of the two which would be you and your friend. Have you ever thought of Dally as something besides a Jerk? Have you felt bad for him about his background? I know I would have because people judge him, but on the other hand, he acts like he's okay, and he acts tough because deep down inside of him, he just wants to be treated and acted appropriate to when talking to others.
        Do people tease you because you have red hair or you are friends with greasers? I would imagine that some people would, just because of the greasers. What do you think of Johnny? I mean now that he  killed that one soc, Bob, Johnny in other peoples minds and words would probably change their view of him… What do you think of two-bit? He doesn't seem to be a main person, he's just kind of there… Do your parents know that you hang around greasers?  If I were you, I know that my parents would be furious in the beginning, like right when I told them.  But later on in they would accept the fact, that I can be friends with the people I choose as long as they respect me.
These are the questions I have so far reading this book, I hope I can find out more about you throughout this book and it will answer my questions.
  
Sincerely,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment